Adult Peer Support Certification Training
03/07/22- 03/11/22 - virtual
Facilitator – Bobby Acker CADCA1, APSS, YPSS
The thirty (30) hour Adult Peer Support Specialist Training provided at Roaring Brook Recovery is the most up-to-date, evidence-based curriculum currently offered in Lexington KY. This curriculum has been approved by the Kentucky Department of Behavioral Health and fulfills all the requirements you need to become certified as an Adult Peer Support Specialist.
In order to qualify for the Adult Peer Support Specialist Training an applicant must possess the following:
- Applicant must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Have a primary diagnosis of a behavioral health disorder which the applicant has received treatment and a strong desire to identify themselves as a person with a behavioral health disorder (current or former consumer of behavioral health services including substance abuse treatment).
- Demonstrate strong reading comprehension and written communication skills as indicated by their responses on the short- essay form.
- Demonstrated experience with leadership and advocacy in the field of behavioral health/ substance use disorders; as well as the ability to demonstrate his or her own efforts at self- directed recovery.
Registering for our training….
- Fill out the application online below And send email it along with attachments to Trainings@RoaringBrookRecovery.com
- Submit registration fee $300 (check or money order should be made out to Roaring Brook LLC and can be mailed or dropped off to 600 Perimeter Drive Suite 125 Lexington Ky. You may also pay by card over the phone. 866-678-8123)
- Must have Laptop, PC or tablet with highspeed internet for week of training.