At Roaring Brook Recovery, we understand that seeking treatment for a personality disorder can be overwhelming and challenging. That’s why our experienced team is dedicated to providing effective and evidence-based treatment options for individuals struggling with personality disorders. Our personality disorder treatment program is designed for those who are struggling with both a personality disorder and substance abuse.
What Are Personality Disorders?
Personality disorders are a type of mental health condition that affects the way individuals think, feel, and behave. They can cause problems in relationships, work, and day-to-day functioning. People with personality disorders often have difficulties regulating their emotions and behaviors, leading to impulsive or destructive actions.
There are many different types of personality disorders, each with its own set of symptoms. Some of the most common personality disorders include:
- Borderline personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Schizoid personality disorder
Often, these disorders can co-occur with substance abuse, making it even more crucial to seek professional help and support.
Signs and Symptoms of Personality Disorders
Symptoms of personality disorders can vary depending on the specific disorder. However, some common signs and symptoms include:
- Difficulty managing emotions and relationships – When individuals have a personality disorder, they often struggle to regulate their emotions and maintain healthy relationships with others.
- Impulsive or reckless behavior – This can include engaging in risky activities such as substance abuse, gambling, or promiscuity.
- Distorted self-image – People with personality disorders may have an unrealistic view of themselves and their abilities.
- Difficulty controlling anger – Anger management issues are common among individuals with personality disorders.
- Fear of abandonment – People with these disorders may have an intense fear of being abandoned, leading to clingy or controlling behavior in relationships.
Individuals with personality disorders may also experience co-occurring mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, or substance use disorders.
Treatment for Personality Disorders
At Roaring Brook Recovery, we offer a comprehensive personality disorder treatment program in Lexington, KY. Our program combines evidence-based therapies with compassionate support to help individuals manage their symptoms and achieve long-term recovery.
While in our treatment program, individuals will receive individual therapy, group therapy, and medication management (if needed). Our therapists are experienced in treating personality disorders and will work with each person to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses their specific needs.
Some common therapies used in our personality disorder treatment program include:
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – This type of therapy focuses on teaching individuals how to manage their emotions and develop healthy coping skills.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This form of therapy helps individuals identify and change maladaptive thought patterns and behaviors.
- Group therapy – Our group therapy sessions provide a supportive environment for individuals to share their experiences, learn from others, and practice interpersonal skills.
In addition to traditional therapies, our program also offers holistic approaches that help participants heal in body, mind, and spirit. At every turn, our team strives to provide a safe, nurturing environment for participants to work towards recovery and lasting healing.
Call Today to Start Personality Disorder Treatment at Roaring Brook Recovery
If you or a loved one is struggling with a personality disorder, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our experienced team at Roaring Brook Recovery is here to guide you towards recovery and support you every step of the way. Alongside our substance abuse treatment programs, we offer a specialized personality disorder treatment program in Lexington, KY. Call 855.590.9944 or reach out online to learn more about our programs and start your journey towards a happier and healthier life.